Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Cabinet Member for Finance and Housing submitted a report setting out details of:
· the revenue outturn figures in respect of the last financial year (2018/2019) detailing the proposed application of the carry forward rules;
· major variances between the revised estimate and the outturn;
· the level of school balances;
· HRA outturn for the year;
· The minimum level of balances in the light of risk assessments.
a) The final revenue outturn and HRA outturn for 2018/19 be noted along with explanations for major variances;
b) Overspendings in the departments of Children and Young People, Communities and Wellbeing, Business Growth and Infrastructure, Operations, Resources and Regulation and Art Gallery and Museums are not to be carried forward
c) The level of the General Fund balances be noted;
d) The minimum level of the General Fund balance calculated at £4.250m for 2019/20 is subject to regular review as part of the budget monitoring process.
Reason for the decision:
The figures in the report are consistent with the figures included within the Statement of Accounts which were approved by the Responsible Finance Officer on 31 May and will be presented to Audit Committee on 30 July, 2019. The figures in this report are presented in a format consistent with the Revenue Budget approved by Council on 21 February 2018.
Publication date: 07/08/2019
Date of decision: 25/06/2019
Decided at meeting: 25/06/2019 - Cabinet