Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Councillor Eamonn O’Brien, the Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Finance and Growth, presented the Part B report containing information that is exempt from disclosure, regarding the sale of the former Bury Fire Station on The Rock site.
1. Give approval to progress the sale of the site to the preferred bidder.
2. Agree a delegation to the Director of Economic Regeneration and Capital Growth to agree a detailed head of terms in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance & Growth and the Monitoring Officer.
Reasons for the decision:
The sale of the site would:
· Bring forward the development of a key gateway site in northeast of the town centre.
· Provide a capital receipt for the Council.
· Provide on-going Business Rate revenue.
· Remove the risks associated with holding a vacant site.
Other options considered and rejected:
None – this site was identified as one of the Phase 1 properties in the Accelerated Land and Property Disposals Programme approved by Cabinet at their meeting on 24 March 2021.
Publication date: 09/07/2021
Date of decision: 30/06/2021
Decided at meeting: 30/06/2021 - Cabinet