Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Councillor Rafiq, Cabinet Member for Corporate Affairs and HR presented to Members an overview of the Bury Corporate Plan Performance and Delivery Report for Quarters One and Two 2022-23. The report provides a summary of the key delivery and performance outcomes that occurred during Quarter One and Two 2022-23, aligned to the 3R priorities.
The Cabinet Member reported that each quarterly report, includes a spotlight on an area of delivery, performance or intelligence to supplement acknowledgement of progress towards the 2022-23 Corporate Plan objectives. This quarter the focus is on the data
available to assess the cost-of-living position for Bury.
In discussions that followed the following questions and comments were raised:
· Councillor Bernstein asked to further understand the cost of living issues in the Borough whether more work could be undertaken to map why there has been an increase in the number of Universal Credit claimants and the reduction in the numbers claiming Council tax support.
· With regards Education Healthcare Plans, the local offer is published online, parents can self-refer however the majority are instigated and developed together with the Local Authority, Health partners, Schools and Parents.
· Note the performance and delivery against the 3R priorities and the 2022-23 Corporate Plan delivery objectives
· Note the spotlight on the data available to assess the cost-of-living position for Bury
· Note the ongoing developments to strengthen and improve this reporting process and functionality
Reasons for recommendation(s)
This report continues our commitment to “strengthening the basics” by embedding the corporate business planning process across all the work of the Council and NHS Bury Integrated Care Partnership (ICP). This will allow for more effective performance management at organisation, departmental and officer level.
Alternative options considered and rejected
No alternative option considered.
Publication date: 18/11/2022
Date of decision: 16/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2022 - Cabinet