Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Employment Panel:
1. Agrees the termination of the Council’s joint financial leadership arrangements with NHS Greater Manchester and the disestablishment of the post of Joint Executive Director of Finance, Chief Officer Band H (£127,377 - £139,067).
2. Proposes for the agreement of Council the establishment of a new role of Executive Director (Finance) evaluated at Chief Officer Band H (£127,377 - £139,067) and that this post be designated as the Council’s statutory Section 151 Officer
3. In the context of the immediate need for stable financial leadership agree that:
a. Standing orders - section 4.8.2 ii B & C of the Council’s Officer Employment Procedure Rules be suspended.
b. The identified candidate is assessed by the Employment Panel for the role of Executive Director (Finance) and that, subject to this assessment, Council be asked to confirm their appointment on a part time consultancy basis for an initial period of six months with the ability to agree a further six month extension delegated to the Chief Executive in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Corporate Affairs & HR and Cabinet Member for Finance and Communities.
4. Agree the deletion of the role of Director of Housing Chief Officer Band F (£103,767 - £112,636).
5. Propose that Council agree the establishment of the post of Director of Housing Operations evaluated at Chief Officer Band F (£103,767 - £112,636).
Publication date: 17/11/2023
Date of decision: 16/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 16/11/2023 - Employment Panel