133 Locality Board Formalisation PDF 244 KB
Report of the Cabinet Member for Adult Care, Health, and Wellbeing is attached.
Councillor Eamonn O’Brien, Leader and Cabinet Member for Strategic Growth and Skills, presented the report which sought to formalise revised partnership arrangements for health and care in Bury. It was noted that at the meeting on 6th February, the Locality Board supported and approved the suite of papers submitted, pending enhancement and more detail around Primary Care which will be reviewed and incorporated (as applicable) before submission to the GM ICB.
1. Approved of the following key documents:
· Locality Board terms of reference.
· Bury Integrated Care Partnership Agreement.
· Section 75 agreement – principles included within covering report.
2. Recognised the requirement to commit to the 2022/23 finance schedules as part of the GM ICB approvals process and confirmed that this final decision to be approve be delegated to the Executive Director of Finance;
3. Noted the ongoing commitment of partners to work across neighbourhoods in order to continue to deliver our Locality Plan;
4. Noted that the principles included within the section 75 report included here will form the basis of the detailed updates to the full section 75 working document and the financial schedules in particular;
5. Noted the commitment to further strengthen the section 75 legal documentation with a further iteration of this document proposed within next 3-6 months; and
6. Noted the contents of the updated Locality Plan that underpins all the work happening across the borough.
Reasons for the decision:
To fulfil the requirement of NHS Greater Manchester governance that all localities formalise Locality Board terms of reference and related documentation prior to end of March 2023. This approval will enable Locality Boards to formally adopt decision making powers from 1st April 2023 onwards.
Alternative options considered and rejected