Councillor Caserta asked those present to discuss what work the Overview and Scrutiny Committee should undertake for the 2017/2018 Municipal Year.
The Committee was scheduled to meet on the following dates:
7 September 2017
22 November 2017
9 January 2018
14 February 2018
10 April 2018
It was also explained that the committee could Call-in decisions if they felt it necessary and establish working/sub groups to carry out detailed pieces of work.
During the discussion the following topics were suggested:-
· Council owned parks and other leisure facilities being operated/looked after by other organisations and community groups such as the Forestry Commission or Friends’ groups.
· Monitoring of air pollution/air quality across the borough
· Fly tipping
· Highways maintenance programme/cost of insurance claims re potholes
It had been agreed that the Safeguarding group would continue to meet.
It was agreed that:
The work programme of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee would include:-
· Air pollution/quality – monitoring
· Management of the Borough’s parks and green spaces
· Highways maintenance programme
· LEA budgets
There will also be reports received in relation to financial matters of the Council, neighbourhood working and updates from the Sub Groups.
A forward plan will be produced in consultation with the Members which will set out the work of the Overview and Scrutiny Committee for the 2017/2018 Municipal Year.