Venue: Meeting Rooms A & B - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Andrea Tomlinson Democratic Services
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of Human Resources Committee are asked to consider whether they have an interest in any of the matters on the Agenda, and, if so, to formally declare that interest.
There were no declarations of interest made at the meeting.
A report from the Leader of the Council, Councillor Shori is attached.
Appendix A is attached
In line with Section 38 (1) of the Localism Act 2011 to produce a Pay Policy Statement, The Head of Corporate H R Services, Caroline Schofield presented a report from the Leader of the Council identifying:
· The methods by which salaries of all employees are determined;
· The detail and level of remuneration of the Council’s most senior staff, and;
· The agreed decision making arrangements to ensure that the provisions set out within the statement are applied consistently throughout the Council.
Appended to the report was the Pay Policy Statement 2019 – 2020 which included:
· The local authority’s policy on the level and elements of remuneration for each chief officer;
· The local authority’s policy on the remuneration of its lowest paid employees;
· The local The local authority’s policy on the relationship between the remuneration of its chief officers and other officers;
· The local authority’s policy on other specific aspects of chief officers’ remuneration: remuneration on recruitment, increases and additions to remuneration, use of performance-related pay and bonuses, termination payments and transparency.
It was explained that the Pay Policy Statement would be presented to the Council at its meeting on 10 April 2019.
It was agreed:
That the Human Resources and Appeals Panel recommends that the Pay Policy Statement for 2019/2020 be approved by Council.
EXCLUSION OF THE PRESS AND PUBLIC
To consider passing the appropriate resolution under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972 that the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business since they involve the likely disclosure of the exempt information stated.
It was agreed:
That the press and public be excluded from the meeting
TO CONSIDER APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR VOLUNTARY EARLY RETIREMENT, FLEXIBLE RETIREMENT AND VOLUNTARY SEVERANCE
That the following employees be allowed to retire prematurely /be granted voluntary severance/flexible retirement:-