Venue: Lancashire Fusiliers Room - Town Hall. View directions
Contact: Andrea Tomlinson Democratic Services
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of Human Resources Committee are asked to consider whether they have an interest in any of the matters on the Agenda, and, if so, to formally declare that interest.
There were no declarations of interest made at the meeting.
A Report from Councillor David Jones, Leader of the Council and Councillor Jane Black, Cabinet Member for Corporate Affairs & HR is attached.
Geoff Little, Chief Executive presented a report from Councillor David Jones, the Leader of the Council and Councillor Black, Cabinet Member for Corporate Affairs and HR.
The report proposed final changes to the organisational structure which was proposed for the purpose on consultation on 23 September 2019 including:
· a single four-departmental structure across the Council and CCG incorporating a common Corporate Core, alongside establishing the One Commissioning Organisation
· the realignment of teams within the new structure, to better support strategic objectives
· associated savings from senior management costs, to maximise efficiency.
The final proposals include changes made based on consultation feedback and further detailed analysis.
On the basis of the original proposals and feedback received, the HR and Appeals Panel endorses the following final recommendations to the Council’s Cabinet:
1. To replace the current organisation structure with the four new departments of Operations; Business Growth and Infrastructure; Children and Young People; and Corporate Core Services, alongside One Commissioning Organisation. The detail of structures in each of these will be brought forward by the relevant Executive Director with a ‘lift and shift’ arrangement in the meantime. As part of this process the posts in scope of departments and the OCO will continue to be subject to review and further proposed moves may be identified, subject to appropriate consultation with affected individuals
2. To agree to the establishment of the following posts:
· Executive Director of Strategic Commissioning
· An interim appointment, pending the development of permanent capacity, to provide leadership of joint IT arrangements
· Director of Community Commissioning
· Children’s Commissioning Lead
· Chief Information Officer re-established as a joint post with Bury CCG
· Strategic Partnerships Manager
· Partnerships Co-ordinator
3. To agree the deletion of the following posts on the grounds of redundancy:
· Executive Director, Business Growth and Infrastructure
· Executive Director, Communities and Wellbeing
· Assistant Director Strategy, Procurement and Finance
· Assistant Director – HR/OD
· Head of HR - Children’s Workforce
· Head of Financial Management
· Assistant Director (Localities)
· Strategic Lead: Children’s Strategy and Commissioning
· Head of Operational Community Safety
· Assistant Improvement Advisor
· Administration Support Officer (Corporate Policy)
4. To note outstanding budget pressure of £103 000 on the Chief Officer budget and to a corporately managed exercise to reduce costs over the next 12 months
5 To agree to vary the contracts of all Chief Officers in scope of the emergency planning on-call rota to reflect this requirement.