Venue: Meeting Rooms A & B - Town Hall
Contact: Chloe Ashworth Democratic Services
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of Human Resources Committee are asked to consider whether they have an interest in any of the matters on the Agenda, and, if so, to formally declare that interest.
There were no declarations of interest made at the meeting.
A report from the Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance and Growth; and Cabinet Member for Corporate Affairs and HR is attached.
Paul Lakin, Director of Regeneration and Capital Growth provided a paper which outlined to increase capacity within the Business, Growth and Infrastructure Department. The report provided a summary of the proposed phasing of the restructure within the Business Growth and Infrastructure Department and to establish two Assistant Director roles and two Major Project Managers.
The changes proposed are made as the basis for consultation. A period of 30 days consultation will be allowed to take feedback on the proposals and discuss details with affected staff and the Trades Unions, following which the posts will be advertised and the relevant process will be followed to recruit to the posts.
Discussions took place regarding the report and emerging themes of discussion took place regarding the following areas:
· The future report setting out further restructuring proposals – This will not be a substantive we are asking for no more money or no redundancies
· The job descriptions being generic
· The jobs being temporary contracts (2 year fixed term)
It was agreed:
1. A further report setting wider restructuring proposals across the whole of the department will be presented to a future meeting of the Panel.
2. Support the restructure proposals subject to a period of formal consultation, the posts of Assistant Director (Regeneration Delivery), Assistant Director (Strategy, Planning and Regulation)and two Major Projects Managers are established, to be funded as detailed within the report
3. The posts of Assistant Director Resources and Regulation and the Head of Urban Renewal be deleted from the establishment.
Sue Harris, Strategic Lead (Children’s Services) will report at the meeting, report attached.
Sue Harris, Strategic Lead Corporate Parenting presented a report to establish a post of Corporate Parenting Development Officer within Children’s Services. The Corporate Parenting Development Officer post has been a temporary post, this has been developed to respond to changes in legislation due to the Children and Social Work Act 2017 where the corporate parenting function is now a statutory function of the council.
This post has been instrumental in driving forward the statutory and strategic agenda regarding improving the corporate parenting responsibility across the whole council and CCG. This post has increased the profile of corporate parenting, children in care and care leavers in Bury.
It is proposed to make this post permanent and to progress the recruitment to the post and it has been confirmed at a Grade 10.
It was agreed:
1. To establish a post of Corporate Parenting Development Officer within Children’s Services and establish permanent recruitment as per HR guidance.