Venue: Council Chamber, Bury Town Hall
Contact: Julie Gallagher Democratic Services
VOTE OF THANKS
Councillor O’Brien, Bernstein and M Smith will be invited to speak.
The Group Leaders and the Councillor Nick Jones placed on record their thanks to Geoff Little, outgoing Chief Executive for his hard work and dedication to public service and wished him well in his forthcoming retirement.
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
Members of the Council are requested to declare any interests which they have in any items or issues before the Council for determination.
Councillor Alan Quinn declared a personal interest in all matters under consideration as an interim Board Member of Manchester City of Trees.
Councillor Spencer Donnelly declared a pecuniary interest in the proposed alteration to the consolidated budget alteration and left the meeting for the vote.
Councillor Sandra Walmsley declared a personal interest in all items under consideration as a member of the Shakers Community Mutual Society.
Attached for approval, minutes of the meetings held on:
14th December 2022,
24th January 2023,
31st January 2023.
The minutes of the Council meeting held on 1th December 2022, 18th January 2023 and 31st January 2023 were approved as a correct record and signed by the Mayor.
MAYORAL COMMUNICATIONS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
To receive communications from the Mayor and any announcements by the Leader of the Council or the Chief Executive on matters of interest to the Council.
Due to the large amount of business to be transacted this evening there were no Mayoral announcements.
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME
To answer questions from members of the public, notice of which has been given, on any matter relevant to the Council’s budget. Up to 30 minutes will be set aside for this purpose. If time permits, further questions will be invited from members of the public present.
No questions were received in advance of the meeting.
To receive and consider the recommendations to the Council contained in the following minutes of the Cabinet:
It was moved by Councillor Tariq and seconded by Councillor O’Brien and on being put with all Members voting for and the Mayor abstaining Council agreed:
To Approve the following key documents that will form part of the GM ICB approvals process :-
· Locality Board terms of reference.
· Bury Integrated Care Partnership Agreement.
· Section 75 agreement – principles included within covering report.
1. Council is asked to recognise the requirement to commit to the 2022/23 finance schedules as part of the GM ICB approvals process and is asked to confirm that this final decision to be approve be delegated to the Executive Director of Finance.
2. Council is asked to note the ongoing commitment of partners to work across neighbourhoods in order to continue to deliver our Locality Plan.
3. Council is asked to note that the principles included within the section 75 report included here will form the basis of the detailed updates to the full section 75 working document and the financial schedules in particular.
4. Council is asked to note the commitment to further strengthen the section 75 legal documentation with a further iteration of this document proposed within next 3-6 months.
5. Council is asked to note the contents of the updated Locality Plan that underpins all the work happening across the borough.
Meeting of Cabinet 15th February 2023 – Housing Revenue Account
It was moved by Councillor Tariq and seconded by Councillor O’Brien and on being put with all Members voting for and the Mayor abstaining Council agreed to:
2.1 Approvethe 2023/24 budgetfor theHousing Revenue Account.
2.2 Approve a 3% reduction forthe ManagementFee toSix Town Housingfor 2023/24.
2.4 For 2023/24 shared ownership rents be voluntarily limited to an increase of 7% with effect from 3rd April 2023.
2.5 Approve an increase in Garage rents by (Consumer Price Inflation as at September 2022) CPI 10.1%
2.6 Approve an increase in Sheltered Management and Support Charges by CPI 10.1%
2.7 Approve an increase in Service and AmenityCharges by CPI 10.1%
2.8 Approve an increase in Support and Heating charges by CPI 10.1%
2.9 Approve an increase in Furnished Tenancy charges by CPI 10.1%
2.10 Note that where a social rent property is re-let to a new or transferring tenant the rent level be increased to the target rent for that property.
2.11 Note that for 2023/24 and onwards, where an affordable rent property is re-let to a new or transferring tenant the rent level be set by reference to 80% of the market rent (including service charges where applicable) for a similar property at the time of letting or the formula rent for the property, whichever is the greater.
Please note Councillor Bayley was not in the ... view the full minutes text for item C. 7
Budget reports from the Cabinet Member for Finance and Communities are attached:
· The Council’s Budget 2023/24 and the Medium Term Financial Strategy 2023/24 - 2026/27 (Appendix 4B attached separately below)
· The Dedicated Schools Grant and setting the Schools Budget 2023- 24
· Capital Strategy and Capital programme 2023/24
· Flexible use of Capital Receipts Strategy 2023/24
· Treasury Management Strategy and Prudential Indicators 2023/24
Labour Group Alteration to the Cabinet Budget Recommendation
Conserviative Group Budget Amendment.
Minutes of the following are attached for information:
Budget JCC Teachers
Budget Corporate JCC
Budget Overview and Scrutiny Committee
There were no questions asked on the delegated decisions of the Cabinet, the Overview and Scrutiny Committee, Joint Consultative Committee (Corporate) and Joint Consultative Committee (Teachers).