A Report from the Cabinet Member Finance and Housing is attached.
· Directorate Budget Reports
· 2019/2010 Capital Strategy & Capital Programme 2019/2020
· 2019/2020 Dedicated Schools Grant
The Cabinet Member for Finance and Housing submitted the budget report. The report provides Members with details of the 2019/20 revenue budget and outlines;
· the Local Government Finance Settlement for 2019/20
· Forecast outturn for 2018/19
· The budget strategy for 2019/20 and the approach to balancing the budget in future years
It also examines the robustness of the assumptions behind the budget forecast and it contains an assessment of the adequacy of the Council’s balances.
The Budget report is supported by the following documents;
· Departmental Budget Reports
· Capital Strategy 2019/20 – 2023/24
· Capital Programme 2019/20 – 2021/22
· Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG) 2019/20
1. That Cabinet approves the recommendations set out in the individual Directorate reports and Dedicated Schools Grant.
2. Cabinet notes the Budget Report 2019/20 and requests that the Council consider and determine all matters relating to the Budget, and the level of the Council Tax for 2019/2020, at its meeting on 20th February 2019.
3. Cabinet notes and approves, for onward submission to Council the Capital Programme for 2019/2020 and future years.
4. Cabinet approves, for onward submission to Council, the Capital Strategy for 2019/20 to 2021/22.
Reasons for the decision:
The Council has a legal obligation to pass its budget and Council Tax resolutions by March 2019. The Cabinet have full authority to implement the budget within the budget framework set by Council and they have wide discretion in doing so.
Other options considered and rejected:
To reject the recommendations.