Planning applications report attached.
A report from the Development Manager was submitted in relation to various applications for planning permission. Supplementary information was also submitted in respect of application numbers 64022, 64518, 64707 and 64790.
The Committee heard representations from applicants and/or objectors in respect of the applications submitted. This was limited to three minutes for each speaker.
1. That the Committee Approve with Conditions the following applications in accordance with the reasons put forward by the Development Manager in the report and supplementary information submitted and subject to the conditions included:-
64022 Access Road off Halsall Close, Gorses Quarry, Bury, - Bury East - Moorside Ward.
Increase in width of existing access track (incorporating a bridleway)
Note: The Planning Officer to investigate the vegetation removal at the lower end of the track under separate legislation.
Note: The decision to approve is subject to the amendment to condition 2 to read as follows:-
2. Within one month of the date of this decision, a timetable and methodology for the implementation of the development hereby approved shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority. The timetable shall include:
· a maintenance programme and a five year management plan for the annual monitoring of the approved grassland establishment,
· details of the remaining surfacing which would not be backfilled or re-profiled, and a method statement detailing the control and or eradication for Himalayan balsam and variegated yellow archangel along the areas generated by the track widening.
· Details of the scheme for improving facilities for recreation purposes.
The development shall thereafter be implemented in accordance with the approved timetable, the approved schemes and the approved methodologies.
Note: Councillor Sarah Southworth spoke as a ward representative
64518 Site at corner of Spring Lane & Bury Road, Radcliffe, Manchester, M262QX, Radcliffe - Radcliffe East Ward.
Erection of three storey block of 15 no. apartments with car parking, bin storage and cycle storage with vehicular/pedestrian access from Bury Road.
Note: The decision to approve is subject to the addition of the following condition:-
15. A landscaping scheme, including details of any boundary treatments, shall be submitted to, and approved by the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of the development. The contents of the plan should include native tree and shrub planting and the provision of bat bricks/tubes within the new development and bat and bird boxes. The approved scheme shall thereafter be implemented not later than 12 months from the date the building(s) is first occupied or within the first available tree planting season,; and any trees or shrubs removed, dying or becoming severely damaged or becoming severely diseased within five years of planting shall be replaced by trees or shrubs of a similar size or species to those originally required to be planted.
Reason. To secure the satisfactory development of the site and in the interests of visual amenity pursuant to Policies H2/2 - The Layout of New Residential Development, EN1/2 - Townscape and Built Design and EN8/2 - Woodland and Tree Planting of the Bury Unitary Development Plan and chapter 15 - Conserving and enhancing the natural environment of the NPPF.
Note: Councillor Cathcart spoke as a ward representative
64707 Euro House, 30-32 Walmersley Road, Bury, BL9 6DP –Bury East – Moorside Ward.
Change of use from shop (Class A1) to Restaurant (Class A3) with flue and 4 no. air conditioning units at rear; New shop front.
64766 16 Westbury Close, Bury, BL8 2LW Bury West – Church Ward
Front porch extension and dormer extension at front.
64902 Land adjacent to 152 Butterstile Lane, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 9TJ Prestwich – St Mary’s Ward
Erection of attached 2 storey building comprising of ground floor retail unit with 1no. flat above.
2. That the Committee make a split decision on the following applications in accordance with the reasons put forward by the Development Manager in the report and supplementary information submitted and subject to the conditions.
64790 Land to west of Metrolink line at Warth Road; Land to west of Bury Road; Land to east of Whitefield Road; Land to west of Hardy's Gate Bridge and Land to north of York Street, Bury. Bury East – Redvales Ward.
Proposal A - A series of sheet piled walls and concrete walls across 4 sites
Proposal B - Erection of an embankment and retaining wall at land to west of Metrolink line at Warth Road
Note: The Officer recommendation was a Split Decision to Approve with Conditions proposal A - A series of sheet piled walls and concrete walls across 4 sites and to Refuse Proposal B – Erection of an embankment and retaining wall at land to west of Metrolink line at Warth Road. The Committee voted in favour of the Officer recommendation.